200 Hour Level Ottawa Yoga Teacher Training (RYT200)
An art or skill gets better when it is shared. When one teaches two learn. From the thought of sharing the vast knowledge of yoga comes this initiative of Orleans Yoga Shala. We understand the need for better and experiential teaching after training more than 250 yoga teachers at Orleans Yoga Shala since 2004
This training is for those who: Want to deepen their Yoga knowledge, practice and experience by diving in deeper . Want to learn how to teach Yoga to others – leading safe and balanced yoga experiences. Do not want to teach, yet want to learn more about the multifaceted science of Yoga. Are dedicated to their path of self-inquiry and ready to embrace the change that comes with this practice.
Orleans Yoga Shala Teacher Training – RYS 200
Spring Course RYT200 – 8-weekends
Sept 5-7 Sept 19-21,Oct 3-5,Oct 17,18,19, Oct 24-26, Nov 7-9, Dec TBA 2014
Fridays 6-9 pm. Sat 9-4 Sun 9-4 ( lunch break 1 hour )
(paid in full) — $2,095.00
Payment Plan – $2195.00
$950 deposit and 3 payments of $415.
Special:Register with a friend and get 15% off
(call for discount) 613-830-2224
- Asanas, Chakras, Bandhas, Mudras, Yoga Sutras, Eight Limbs of Yoga, Yamas & Niyamas,
- Pranayama,Koshas Kleshas, Seven Stages of Knowledge, Bhagavad Gita,
- Meditation,Guided Relaxation,
- Prayer Chanting, Mantra/Meditation, Kriyas and much more.
- Teaching Methodology (20 hrs)
- The History of Yoga, yogic philosophy and methodology, use of voice, teacher-student relationships, modifications, assisting with alignment, adjustments, student safety in practice.
- Anatomy, Physiology (20 hours)
- Business of Yoga & Other Topics (2 hours)
- Teaching tips, ethics, privacy and the yoga teacher.
- Yoga business development, building a personal practice, working in the community.
- Home Study (10 hours) – Reading list, and assignments.
- Participants will learn “hands on” adjustments
- Immersion into the theories science and history of T. Krisnamacharya and Swami Sivananda of Rishikesh, borrowing western yoga styles from experiences with David Swenson, Beryl Bender Birch, Yogi Hari, Dharma Mittra, and other well known western Yogis.
Please note that the content of this course schedule as well as the teaching team are subject to change without notice.
History of Instructors
Refunds are available up to 21 days before the course, minus a $250 administration cost. Written requests for refund must be submitted to the front desk .
No refunds will be available for any reason after the course has started.
Missed Yoga Teacher Training
Missed class can be made up the following ways:
Established 2004 ,Orleans Yoga Shala has served the Ottawa Valley,and the City of Ottawa, Surrounding towns, including Smiths Falls, Embrun,Brockville,Carleton Place, Casselman,Cornwall,Gatineau,Buckingham,Kingston, Orleans,Rockland.Wendover, St Albert.On.Ottawa
- Join the next appropriate YTT session that is running to make up the missed hours.
- There is no additional charge for this option.
- There is also no guarantee that the make up class time will cover the missed content.
- Contact Orleans Yoga Shala to schedule your make up hours.
- Schedule private sessions with the course facilitator to make up the missed hours and content.
This option has the additional charge of private classes fees.
Orleans Yoga Shala | 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training • 2014
Switch to our mobile site